Saturday 5 February 2011

Beneath The Skin

A while back I was contacted by the very talented Dauvit Alexander who asked if I'd be interested in providing a tattoo design to be used in Beneath The Skin, an art show he'd been invited to participate in. I gladly accepted, worked out a design and shipped it off.

Beneath The Skin: Final Inks

The project has several steps, the first of which was the original tattoo design as shown. Next Dauvit is using the design as inspiration for creating a custom-built tattoo machine which will feature, among other things, the skull and heart as pictured; hearts cast in copper, skulls in silver.

Beneath The Skin (WIP) 41

Beneath The Skin (WIP) 21

The final step of the project, as planned, will be to have the original design tattooed onto Dauvit's calf, possibly as part of the "Beneath The Skin" show itself.

Dauvit does some truly amazing metalworks, specializing in jewelry. I'm fortunate to own a custom-made bracelet that Dauvit created for me and I must say that man is a master. Do check out his other works at Flickr: The Justified Sinner

Cheers! And stay tasty!







No comments:

Post a Comment